We are gearing up for the season… and are we excited! We held our Gym Supervisors and Score Clock Operators meeting Tuesday and our Coaches meeting Wednesday of this week, getting everyone set for another great Spokane AAU League season.
Matt Santangelo, Executive Director of Spokane Hoopfest Association, under which the Spokane AAU League falls, expands on the purpose of the coaches meeting:
- Provide general info on the health of our league.
- Provide current commentary on the state of the game and youth basketball.
- Provide policies and procedures specific to our league and tournaments.
- Provide points of emphasis on any rule changes.
- And most importantly, to provide thanks and good luck for the upcoming season.
This year, not only did we provide all of the above, but we provided an opportunity for coaches to purchase basketballs – both full and mid size; new and used.
If you missed the meeting – don’t fret! There’s a makeup meeting scheduled for Monday, October 30, 2017 at Hoopfest World Headquarters (421 W. Riverside, Suite 115) at 5:45 pm. Make sure you get in before the doors lock.
Basketballs are still available for sale. Please contact the office if you are interested in one: (509) 624-2414.
A special thank you to David Christy State Farm Agency for joining us and providing goodies at our Coaches meeting. If you would like to learn more about how they can help with your insurance needs, please contact David Christy at (509) 926-1345 or visit his website at www.davechristyinsurance.com.
GOOD LUCK THIS 2017-2018 SEASON!